Sunday, August 1, 2010

Erin turned 5!

Erin is now 5 years old :( I have had a hard time lately thinking about how big she is getting. In 10 days she will be starting kindergarten and she is so excited but mommy is so anxious. We went to her orientation and met Mrs.Finley and sat in her room and Erin instantly left my side and joined in the activities. I am excited to watch her develop and get in this new environment, but it's sad to think she will be gone Mon-Fri now and we will forever now plan our lives around school schedules. Mady is going to miss her too. She now asks for Erin as soon as she wakes up!
This year for Erin's birthday we decided to take 3 of her best friends to Evansville to Pump It Up to play and go out to eat at Red Robin where they all got balloons and ice cream sundaes. We spent 45 min. in the car listening to the The Chipmunks version of "I've Got a Feeling" and little girls squealing. They had fun but we were ready for some quiet after that afternoon! A few days later we had the family birthday at our house and had dinner and cake. Erin actually had a major ear infection requiring drops and an antibiotic so she was a little under the weather but insisted on doing everything that night. Mom helped me decorate a large cupcake cake I baked that totally collapsed after it was in the refrigerator so that is why you only see the top! I'm not sure what the trick to those are, but it tasted good anyways! Between all that action and her getting cards and packages all week long, I think she had a pretty good birthday. She is such a big girl that acts more like her Daddy everyday. She is full of life (and questions) and has an answer and crazy explanations for everything. She loves to be moving and in the middle of the action and wants to be in charge- there is no silent or calm moment when Erin is around (as we speak she is running around in panties with a blanket on her head telling me a story about her friend wearing a bride dress)! I can not believe sometimes how smart and beautiful she is and I think God is going to use her to be a great leader one of these days!

No comments: